- 1st Person -- Mental health magazine, featuring poems "Daily", "Mania" and "...Much More Than Bipolar"
- A Silver Lining for Bipolar Disorder -- Including Instructions for Life by Dali Lama
- Alaska Mental Health Consumer Web -- Internet resource for mental health consumers, particularly ways to recover
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry -- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) and the Child Mind Institute (CMI), along with Hunter Boot and Parents magazine, are proud to invite you to join us in an important project, Speak Up for Kids. During National Children's Mental Health Awareness Week (May 1-7), we ask all AACAP members to help educate parents and teachers about the signs and symptoms of childhood mental illnesses and point them to helpful resources in their local areas
- Bipolar Disorder Learning Center -- Very useful site to check symptoms, find a doctor, and explore treatments.
- Bipolar Significant Others (BPSO) -- The material presented on this site is intended to provide information and support to the spouses, families, friends and other loved ones of those who suffer from bipolar disorder (manic-depression). These resources have helped many of us inform ourselves, cope with behaviors that sometimes arise from the illness, better understand our own reactions, and determine how we may best support our loved ones in their efforts to understand and live with this often terrible disease.
- Drug Watch -- DrugWatch.com is a comprehensive Web site database featuring extensive information about thousands of different medications and drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide. DrugWatch.com includes up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications and includes details about associated side effects to aid in the protection of patients and consumers.
- Find the Light -- Welcome to the Find the Light Online Support Group. The mission of this website is to provide online peer support for adults that are suffering from mental illnesses such as anxiety, mood disorders (bipolar, depressive disorders), and substance abuse. We also provide accurate, credible information relating to various mental health issues. We also welcome caregivers and/or parents of children and adults with these crippling disorders. There is a strong connection between good mental and physical health (mind/body). We offer tips and support for those that are suffering from both. We all have been there and understand. We encourage you to try our support group. It can be life changing. Here are a few testimonies: Stories from the heart.
- First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany -- Featuring poem "Daily"
- FREE MEDICATION PROGRAM -- HelpingPatients.org
- Handling Your Psychiatric Disability in Work and School -- At the Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- HealthyPlace -- Mental health communities
- iBipolar.com -- Giving everyone touched by bipolar disorder the information and support they need to live with the illness
- Life Challenges -- A nonprofit website with over 600 pages of articles, self help tools and inspirational stories that help you navigate adversity, change, crisis, recovery and turning points in your life
- MadNOTBad -- Telling it like it is -- from the people who know
- McMan's Depression and Bipolar Web -- Including Readers' Choices book recommendations
- Medifocus -- Bipolar disorder information page
- Medline Plus -- Dealing Effectively with Bipolar Disorder (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) - Links to PDF ... Quality of Your Life (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) - Large PDF file
- Mental Health Matters -- Information and resources for consumers, professionals, students and supporters, including financial assistance for therapy
- Mental Health Today -- Mental Health information, resources, communities, books, and support, including Bipolar Disorder Today
- NeedyMeds -- The place to learn about programs designed to help those who can't afford their medicines.
- OCD, Anxiety, Eating Disorders, Impulse control -- Very informative online mental health site that covers a variety of illnesses and disorders, definitely worth checking out in my opinion. Online counseling is also available through this site.
- Pale Reflections -- Eating Disorders Community
- Pendulum Resources for Bipolars -- Articles, treatment information, links
- Psych Central -- One-stop index for psychology, support, and mental health resources, issues and people on the Internet, since 1992.
- PsychJourney -- Provides a cyber-bridge between health seekers and mental and allied health professionals
- Social Security Disability (SSD) -- Information for people with mood disorders
- Social Security Disability and Bipolar Disorder -- Practical advice from those with bipoalr disorder and on Social Security Disability
- Tammy's Recovery Links -- AA and other recovery resources, updated often
- The Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law -- Including announcements from the mental disability advocacy community
- The Bright Side -- Wings of support
- The Family Compass - leading the way. -- VERY INFORMATIVE SITE!!
THE FAMILY COMPASS - Resources and guidance for parents trying to direct their
kids and family in the right direction. At-Risk Teens, Reactive Attachment Disorder, ADD, ADHD, Conduct Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Eating Disorders, Drug Rehab, Substance Abuse, Therapy
- The Medicine Program -- Free prescription medicine is available to those who qualify
- Wikipedia's definition of Bipolar Disorder -- Comprehensive definiton of Bipolar Disorder.